Once you outgrew your newborn diapers, I placed one of them on the memo board in your room as a gentle reminder that you once fit into it. Every time I look at that diaper, I am reminded of how quickly you are growing and changing. You are in size 3 diapers now! It’s crazy, where did the last six months go?
Today, we have made it through half a year and like you, I have SO much to learn! I think we are doing are okay though. Here are some of your milestones since turning five months old:
- You can bounce yourself in your bouncy seat and sometimes it is the only thing that can calm you.
- You LOVE the Johnny Jumper; I just wish we had a door frame in our home for one, but I guess that’s what Grandma & Grandpa’s house is for. 🙂
- You get upset when something is taken away from you.
- You are starting to love the “if I drop it, mom will pick it up” game.
- You can roll over and back.
- You can move an object from one hand to the other.
- You can “hold” a conversation, in fact your communication skills in general have vastly improved and you can now squeal, scream (not my favorite), make bubbling sounds, and operatic octave changes. I can’t wait to hear “mama” and “dada“.
- You are learning to love cereal and I’m learning to love feeding you with a spoon.
- You are an international man of mystery having received your first passport stamp and celebrated your first Thanksgiving in Italy!
- You can now use the Maclaren stroller (despite the recent recall) because you can sit up…with support.
- You can not be trusted in any of the numerous apparatuses that we have for you without being securely strapped in because you have become a wiggle worm.
- You have outgrown your first car seat but sadly are still rear-facing in your new one, a very fancy, plush Recaro.
- You are almost exclusively in 6-9 month clothes now.
- Your eyes are still blue.
The best is yet to be.