I love watching you grow and change from month to month, week to week and day to day and would be a millionaire if I got paid to watch you. Quite simply, I find you fascinating and a joy to be around.
You are eight months old today and what a month it was. In the last month you:
- Wore shoes for the first time…yesterday.
- Sit comfortably in shopping carts and high chair making grocery shopping and the dining experience so much more enjoyable for everyone involved.
- Fell off the bed (on my watch). 🙁
- Learned to wave your arm as a form of greeting hello and bidding farewell.
- Love bath time and I would say it is one of your favorite activities of the day. You love to relax in the tub and splash and play with your rubber duckies and frogs and chew on the wash cloths and feel the spray of the shower water.
- Look like you can’t wait to take off, but aren’t crawling yet, just rolling over and scooting backwards.
- Began attending Kindermusik class with our Mommy & Me group and seem to really be enjoying it.
- Sprouted your top two teeth and now have a lateral incisor on it’s way. I have to say that teething has got to be the hardest thing to watch you go through.
- Eat two solid homemade baby food meals a day.
- Self-feed finger foods Cheerios, Puffs, Wagon Wheels, carrots, etc.
- Love playing with anything that’s not a toy (remote controls, plastic bowls and lids, measuring spoons, cell phones, daddy’s caps, straws, silverware, keys and pens are among your favorite).
- Getting used to using a sippy cup.
- Dare I say, have a schedule consisting of a morning nap, an afternoon nap (sometimes) and always a 7:00 bedtime.
- Have an increased self awareness, greater focus on your surroundings and what appears to be a genuine curiosity.
- Show affection by touching and licking our faces, grabbing and reaching for us and the ever present big wide smile whenever we walk into the room.
- Have kept your beautiful baby blue eyes.
Happy eight months, baby.
The best is yet to be.