I have a couple of friends that are pregnant for the first time and they have been asking me for advice on everything from diapers and strollers to bottles and bibs (can you imagine?!).
I am no expert I tell them, but there are five things I know for sure about having a baby:
1. If you are planning to have more than one child, buy all of your big items (stroller, car seat, swing, high chair, etc.) in a unisex color/print so that both kids can use them.
2. If you are going to use formula, serve your baby bottles right out of the fridge. It seems a little strange to give your baby cold milk but according to our pediatrician, it’s easier for them to digest and a lot simpler than messing with the microwave.
3. Make noise while your baby naps… you’ll be glad you did!
4. Becoming a mother has been the most challenging and life changing thing I have ever done in my life, but also the very best.
5. Trust your gut. Only you know your body, limitations, patience and frustration level, when to call the doctor and your child.
What do you know for sure about being a mom?
The best is yet to be.