Today you are one year old! While some days certainly seemed a lot longer than others, one year never went by faster!
One year old. Wow!!
Looking back on all of your monthly milestones, I am in awe. You have grown so much, learned more than I ever thought you would and are becoming your very own little wonderful person full of character and charm.
Like every other month, this was a big one full of lots of firsts; like:
- Visiting Legoland
- Graduating from your second Kindermusik class
- Graduating from wearing the Doc Band (read all about our experience here)
- Sitting forward in the car!!
- Knowing where your belly, head and toes are
- Picking your lovey and a favorite little stuffed monkey out from a pile of several other things
- Can follow simple commands like, ‘go get it’ and ‘put this in there’… we are still working on ‘no’ and ‘don’t touch that’
- When asked a ‘who’, ‘what’, ‘where’, ‘when’, or ‘why’ question, shrug your shoulders and turn your hands up. This is the most adorable thing I have ever seen a toddler do!
- Developed a love affair with every household appliance we own… hence the reason to learn the word ‘no’!
- Attended two more birthday parties (for a grand total of six in just your first year of life!)
- Your eyes are still blue and I think it’s safe to say that they are going to stay that way. 🙂
We celebrated your special day yesterday at home with a BBQ, balloons, cupcakes and plenty of gifts. Your two aunts and grandparents came to visit and it was a lot of fun.
Your destiny is waiting and the best is always yet to be.