Thanks to Arizona Mama for putting together this great meme. Visit her blog, Our Daze in the Desert to join in on the fun!
You know you’re a mom when…
- At the end of the day your pockets are filled with a half-eaten pretzel stick, numerous Cheerios, a baby bottle cap, a dryer sheet and a Boogie Wipe…who knows what I’ll discover in there tomorrow!
- You know exactly how hard you have to push the stroller out in front of you in order to stuff you hair into a hat.
- You tell your husband a little white lie about what time a mommy-only event begins in order to allow yourself just a few extra minutes to yourself.
- You are more than willing to share your turkey from your turkey sandwich, if it means your kid will eat!
- Going ANYWHERE requires at least 20 minutes of prep and packing and maybe even a list.
- And speaking of going anywhere, like out to dinner, if tot is in tow, you are enjoying the Early Bird Special with all the Senior Citizens, so you get back home in time for bed time (AKA the most wonderful time of the day!!).
- Your child smells like lavender, his hair is combed, teeth are brushed and is wearing the cutest new outfit, but you are still in your pj’s and haven’t washed your hair or shaved your legs, let alone put on perfume in days.
- You justify every excessive crying spell with “it must teething”.
- You can’t get “Elmo’s Song” out of your head. Damn that furry little red monster!
- Your heart bleeds a little every time you hear of an injustice to a baby, child or teen.
- As soon as your overly fussy, overly tired child FINALLY gives in to take a nap, you feel the incredible (not to mention stupid) urge to wake him up because he is just so dang cute.
The best is yet to be.