I haven’t been on this planet that long, but certainly long enough to learn a few things about myself, my habits, my body, the products I purchase and my pastimes, that I am now willing to put in black-and-white:
1) Bangs only look cute on Heidi Klum and always seem like a good idea at the time, but will take forever to grow out and look terrible on my face.
2) No matter how great my intentions are, fresh produce will go bad before I know it. Buy as you need, no more, no less.
3) I might as well get $100 out of the ATM, I know I’ll spend it and it will save me the time and embarrassment at Subway.
4) The hotter the shower, the drier my skin.
5) I should have started using eye cream at 20 instead of 30.
6) Generic brand Q-tips suck!
7) If it’s already 9:00, do not start a movie, I will fall asleep. The exception to this is when my husband is out of town and then for some god forsaken reason, I can stay up until after midnight.
8) Send thank you notes immediately! Having to start with, “I’m sorry this is so late…” is no way to thank someone.
9) A watched pot never boils, a phone doesn’t ring, nor an ‘In Box’ fill.
10) I will never be known for my dinner parties, but maybe my unique handwriting.
11) There is such a thing as karma and I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around and it can show up in many different forms; parking spots, waits in line, transferring sleeping children from car seats to cribs and simply being at the right place at the right time.
12) Chances are I will probably never breathe the same air as Dave Matthews, but a girl can dream, can’t she? *Swoon*
13) As much as people may think, it really doesn’t take a lot to make me happy; a bowl of popcorn, a fountain drink, an hour on the treadmill or in a book store, a full tank of gas, showing up on time.
What do you know for sure?