Be Enough Me

I worry that I’m not the calmest mom,

the silliest mom,

the prettiest mom,

the fittest mom,

the craftiest mom,

the strongest mom,

the coolest mom,

the smartest mom,

the tidiest mom,

the handiest mom,

or the wealthiest mom.

I know I’m not the most creative, understanding, organized, thoughtful or patient mom.

I’m not very well versed in constellations or dinosaurs. I honestly don’t know why the sky is blue. I don’t cook. I can’t dance. My funny voices sound ridiculous. I forget the words songs once I start singing them and I’m not a very good driver.

I have a terrible weakness for Chai tea lattes, fresh flowers and People magazine and I can not draw a very good train to save my life.

I can read the hell out of any book you bring me as long as you sit in my lap while I read it and I know exactly how to make you smile and no one will ever love you as much as I do, my sweet boy.

This week, I’m linking up to Just. Be. Enough’s Be Enough Me link-up.

Write, post, link-up, share your story and your voice.
Be part of carrying the weight of confidence and share our mission
to empower, inspire, and remind
women, parents and children
that the time has come to celebrate ourselves!

Next week’s prompt: What is one image or symbol that
reminds you that are you enough?

(Remember you can also write on a topic of your choice.)

Related Posts:

Comments

1. Sophie says

Are you kidding me? Lucas has the BEST Mommy ever! You should come and see how I am ;) Come and listen to my silly voices, look at ME dance, cook, or sing songs and organise! My goodness, when I saw you with Lucas, last year, I thought you were THE perfect Mom! If you can’t dance, then I am never going to dance again!!! Of course, nobody loves Lucas as much as you!

2. says

Worry is worse than regret! ;) It is hard to get rid of and hard to work off. And sneaks up on you when you lest expect it! But, I always find by talking about what I CAN do well, I help put worry to rest just a little bit more…

3. says

My voices sound ridiculous too….and Jacob tells me all the time that I can’t dance…I CAN DANCE!!! Jeesh!

you are enough: Friend, wife, sister, person and definately ENOUGH mom…no doubt about that, Lucas is one very lucky boy.

maybe we should work on our book voices together??? ;)

4. Life As Wife says

I’m not any of those things either but you know what? I love my kiddo and that is enough to make up for all the things I’m not.

5. says

Okay, don’t quote me on this but I think I heard the sky is blue because it reflects the ocean. Then again, wouldn’t that sometimes make it green? hmmm. I’m sure you’re a great mom. Snuggles and books count for a lot!

6. says

This is awesome.

When I start to feel down on myself as a mom, I look in those little boy faces and remember just how much they love me. And then I know- I’m enough.

7. says

I love that you looked up why the sky is blue :)

The other night when we were in a hotel, C asked me what kind of trees the headboard was made of. No idea. It was really early in the morning so I told him I wasn’t sure. He thought for a minute and then said, “I think they’re made of wooden trees.” I think so too, buddy.

I feel all this too, but I know neither of us would change who we are, because then we wouldn’t be those little boys’ moms.