Last week Alison of Mama Wants This wrote a piece called Quirks, where she shared 10 strange and wonderful things she does and not only did I nod along (2. Toilet paper in my house is OVER the spool. Never under. Under bothers me. Tremendously.) but I laughed out loud (8. I don’t like uneven numbers. Like 7.), then I thought, I have some pretty strange quirks myself.
Don’t we all?
Here are 10 of my odd ball idiosyncrasies:
1. I don’t like coffee. Of any kind. In a Starbucks world, this gets a lot of strange reactions, trust me, especially when I order Chai tea lattes.
2. I organize the dollar bills in my wallet from smallest to largest with the Presidents always facing me.
3. I can’t get one hand wet without getting the other one wet too.
4. Towels in our bathrooms have to be lined up straight over the towel rack.
5. I love the beach, but despise sand.
6.Whining makes me want to mash my teeth in, especially if it’s my own son’s.
7. I don’t like to eat food with my hands. Not even pizza.
8. I an an over-stocker. I always have a Kleenex, toothpaste, toothbrushes, Q-tips and dish soap waiting in the wings; and we never run out of toilet paper or paper towels in my house.
9. One of the very first things I do in the morning (even before I pee) is make the bed. To me a made bed is the foundation for a good day.
10. I cannot start a book or movie without finishing it. There have two exceptions in the book category: The Hunger Games (I know, I know) and The Book Thief. Both are still on my book shelf and I WILL get to them. Someday…
Thanks, Alison for the idea and rest assured, you are not alone in your quirks.
Please feel free to share some of yours below! Us oddballs need to stick together.