So, like many of you I have a Bucket List of very lofty, somewhat expensive and sort out there things I would like to do before I die, but in the meantime, I have 40 immediate goals to tackle over the next 12 months (seeing as I have sort of missed the boat on things to do BEFORE turning 40).
Actually, I am very happy with my life, the way I look and the items that fill our family calendar. Oh, sure, I wish I had my pre-pregnancy tummy back, fewer gray hairs on my head, and a lot more free time, but I’m really okay welcoming a new decade.
My 40 things, in no particular order:
- Watch all 550 minutes of The Planet Earth DVDs.
- Run at least four 5Ks. The first one is coming up on July 4!
- Sell my parents house in Arizona.
- Find a new house here, buy it and move in. Whew!
- If we aren’t going to move, finish decorating our living room.
- Raise a puppy. More on this later.
- Have a baby or at least get and stay pregnant by June, 2013. I am SO ready to get off this roller coaster.
- Read one book (at the very least) per month.
- Stop letting so many phone calls go directly to voice mail (are you reading this, Leah?).
- Successfully potty train my son. It’s time, yo!
- Finish writing my father’s story.
- Go easier on myself. In general. In all matters of my life.
- Resume my yoga practice.
- Walk the 1000 steps in Laguna Beach.
- Purge my stuff.
- Have an epic garage sale. See above.
- Drink more champagne.
- Take Lucas to the beach by myself. Just once.
- Schedule more one on one time with my sister.
- Take Lucas on the Radiator Springs Racers at Cars Land just as soon as he grows one inch taller. 🙂
- Eat more salads than sandwiches. At home.
- Spend less time blogging, tweeting, status updating, pinning and playing games. For reals!
- If I have to be on Pinterest, start trying some of the shit I pin.
- Meet more local bloggers in person.
- Make out with my husband more.
- Reach out to my family across the country more often.
- Lower expectations across the board.
- Cook more. I was on a roll for a while and then got lazy.
- Try new restaurants… Pizza Ortica, Chow, The Deck, Rooftop, etc.
- When eating out at the same old places, try something different on the menu for a change.
- Never lie about my age.
- Give paddle boarding a whirl.
- Go camping.
- Consider hiring a trainer.
- When moisturizing, never forget my neck!
- Mail medical insurance claims before my husband has a cow.
- Volunteer in Lucas’ classroom.
- Leave the phone in the car and really BE in the moment.
- Spend more time outdoors.
- Stop making lists!
Happy birthday to me.
Look for updates!