My husband and I were just discussing this and I even went as far as looking up what the 10 most annoying sounds are. Needless to say, my list is a little different:
1. Hearing people eat or drink, particularly when they gulp, smack or are utterly disgusting while doing it.
2. Idling cars.
3. Package opening, crumbling, or awful attempts to cover either in a movie theater.
4. Whining, especially when it’s coming from MY kid.
5. The buzzing sound my washing machine makes when it’s complete.
6. The gardener’s leaf blower. As Lucas has been taught: “we like the gardener, but we don’t don’t like his machine”.
7. Balloon screeching.
8. Most children’s toys, especially the loud sing-songy ones with teh too catchy tunes that stick in your head for days.
9. Fire alarms. Like mother, like son?
10. Incessant clicking of a pen or tapping of a pencil.
Linking up with Stasha of The Good Life’s Monday Listicles, a meme right up my alley, because I LOVE making lists!
This week’s topic is 10 Sounds That Drive You Bonkers.