Nora Ephron past away on June 26 after her battle with leukemia. She left behind behind an incredible wealth of wit, wonderful writing and entertaining films. If you haven’t seen Heart Burn (1986), rent it! Meryl Streep is divine, as usual and Jack Nicholson plays her perfect counterpart as we watch a marriage crumble.
In Ephron’s last book, I Remember Nothing: And Other Reflections she includes a list of things she will miss and what she won’t as she faced her own mortality and that is what Deborah of MannahattaMamma has asked us to do with this week’s Monday Listicles:
What I Won’t Miss:
- Take offs
- Shaving, keeping my nails manicured and blow drying my hair
- Trips to the grocery store, stocking the fridge, mounds of laundry and visits to the dry cleaner.
- Mean people
- Answering the question “what do you want for dinner?”
- Self-induced pressure
What I Will Miss:
- Lucas’ smile
- The smell of the ocean
- My pillow
- My husband’s dry sense of humor, my sister’s hugs, and my friend’s laughter
- Iced Chai tea lattes
- My natural curiosity about the world
Linking up with Stasha of The Good Life’s Monday Listicles, a meme right up my alley, because I LOVE lists!