1. Looking at photos of my wedding day. Not only were my parents there, but also some of my favorite people in the world plus, it was the day I married my best friend (not to be confused with the best friend I mention in #9).
2. Anytime it’s just me and Lucas in the car. He asks a million questions about what he sees out the window and life in general and I do my best to answer him. Such a curious little buddy.
3. Hearing Lucas sing quietly in his bedroom.
4. A workout that leaves my heart racing and my body super sweaty.
5. Seeing the porch light on upon arriving home.
6. The first sip of a iced Chai tea latte.
7. My sister’s hugs.
8. Starting a new book.
9. Sharing a glass (or bottle) of wine with my BFF, Colleen while we compare parenting notes, commiserate over sick children, family members and too much to do, gossip or crack each other up over the great Dylan McDermott/Dermot Mulroney debate.
Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are. – Marianne Williamson
I hope your holiday is filled with immense joy, love and laughter!
This post was written for Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop and yes, it is my second entry for this week, Prompt #5 List the top 9 things that bring you joy.