A year ago today, I shared a list of things I wanted to accomplish while I was 40. On the eve of my 41st birthday, I thought I would reflect and update.
The items that are crossed off I made happen with enthusiasm and I’m not going to beat myself up about the other stuff.
I’m a work in progress!
- Watch all 550 minutes of The Planet Earth DVDs.
Run at least four 5Ks.
Sell my parents house in Arizona.Yay!!
- Find a new house here, buy it and move in.
- If we aren’t going to move, finish decorating our living room.
Raise a puppy. More on this later.
- Have a baby or at least get and stay pregnant by June, 2013. I am SO ready to get off this roller coaster.
Read one book (at the very least) per month.Barely!
Stop letting so many phone calls go directly to voice mail.I think I’m getting better at this.
Successfully potty train my son. It’s time, yo! Finish writing my father’s story.You can read it here.
- Go easier on myself. In general. In all matters of my life. This is an ongoing struggle…
Resume my yoga practice. Walk the 1000 steps in Laguna Beach.This morning!! Twice! With the dog.
- Purge my stuff. Meh.
Have an epic garage sale. See above.
Drink more champagne. Take Lucas to the beach by myself. Just once.
Schedule more one on one time with my sister.
Take Lucas on the Radiator Springs Racers at Cars Land just as soon as he grows one inch taller. 🙂
Eat more salads than sandwiches. At home.
- Spend less time blogging, tweeting, status updating, pinning and playing games. For reals! Hanging my head in shame.
If I have to be on Pinterest, start trying some of the shit I pin.I have a entire board dedicated to Pinterest projects I’ve tried!
- Meet more local bloggers in person.
- Make out with my husband more.
Reach out to my family across the country more often.
- Lower expectations across the board.
Cook more. I was on a roll for a while and then got lazy.
Try new restaurants… Pizza Ortica, Chow, The Deck, Rooftop, etc.
- When eating out at the same old places, try something different on the menu for a change. I’m a creature of habit, what can I say?
Never lie about my age. Give paddle boarding a whirl.I have been once and I am going again on my birthday!
- Consider hiring a trainer.
When moisturizing, never forget my neck!
Mail medical insurance claims before my husband has a cow.
- Volunteer in Lucas’ classroom.
- Leave the phone in the car and really BE in the moment.
Spend more time outdoors.
- Stop making lists! Not going to happen!!
Am I the only one that makes these kinds of crazy lists or do you too make goals for yourself upon turning a new age?
Notice, there’s not a list for my 41st year.