Although my husband might disagree, it really doesn’t take a lot to make me happy.
My children, of course top my happy list, especially when they too are in good spirits, getting along and healthy. For months they have both been battling the icks. I have seen more snot and cleaned up more vomit lately than I ever care to.
My husband also makes me happy and I appreciate all the little (and big) things he does to keep our family safe, secure and on track. Going though life with your best friend is well, the best and I’m lucky that he loves me.
But here are 10 more things that are currently making me very happy (in no particular order):
1. My neighborhood. I love that I can walk a mile and a half or less and be at a grocery store, my favorite lunch spots, an office supply store, great boutiques, two different libraries, the bank, one of five parks and countless other great spots.
2. Netflix. Because how else could I have binged watched all three seasons of Scandal in 19 days?! The struggle is real, people! Season 4 is available June 13!!
3. Dave Matthews Band. Duh. 3 months until I see my favorite musician in concert again!
4. Sunny days. Not hot, just sunny. Warm. Preferably spent poolside. With a cocktail.
5. Exercise. No, really. I have to move daily. For my sanity and those around me.
6. Our new patio cover. It has basically given us a whole new room! It took a year and a half to build but it was worth the wait and it has already changed the way we live.
7. The perfect shot. I don’t really know anything about photography and all the photos I take are with my iPhone, but I know the second I get the perfect shot. I’m super excited to take a photography class this summer and learn all about my new Nikon d40, a gift from a dear friend.
8. Amazon Prime. Enough said.
9. Did I mention these two?
10. Writing. Purging, getting it out of my head, off my chest and on paper, so to speak. A completed blog post or piece of writing of any kind that I’m proud of makes me very, very happy!
What makes you happy?
This post was written for Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop, Prompt 2. List ten things that make you HAPPY.