Turns out at 43 I know some stuff.
Not a lot of stuff but enough.
For those of your keeping track, I’m up to 39 things I know for sure, as in without a doubt, I’d bet my next paycheck on it certainty.
Here again, is a list of 13 more things I know for for
1. People drive through our neighborhood too fast.
2. People drive too fast in general. Last May I got a speeding ticket, my first in years and I paid dearly for it. I’ve tried to slow ever since.
3. There are few things like reveling in the fact that all the laundry is done. I live for those five minutes each week!
4. All neighborhoods should have sidewalks.
5. Any time I step foot in Target I will spend $100.00. Even if I just go for one or two items. I know I’m not alone in this phenomenon.
6. Any time I step foot in a store that has carts and I think that basket will do I’m wrong!
7. If you give a child a napkin and they will find anything else inappropriate to use instead.
8. Inevitably a playdate will fall on the day after the housekeeper has come.
9. 5 to 7 days after we’ve been at a bounce house (or any public venue) birthday party, Lucas’s nose will start running like a faucet and within 48 hours his sister’s will too. But I will will be the one down for the count for at least two days! Good times.
10. As soon as the dishwasher in my house is emptied, it’s full again.
11. Lucas will try a new food at someone else’s house and love it, but the minute I serve it to him in our home, he won’t eat it.
12. My children truly have no idea how much they are loved. There is just no way.
13. Every day brings a chance to start over, a clean slate, a new beginning. And thank God for it!
What do you know for sure?