It’s that time of year again, when we should express our gratitude for people and things a little more so than the rest of the year.
Topping my list of course are; the 35 years I had with my parents, Todd, Lucas, Lola, my sister, my friends, Dave Matthews, books, reliable WiFi, my health, having a job I love and these 15 or so simple joys:
1. Name a color you are thankful for. Blue. All shades, from Robin’s Egg, Slate and Turquoise to Navy, Midnight and Cornflower. I love blue.
2. Something your spouse does that you are thankful for. Without fail he gets up each morning with our children.
3. Something your kids do that you are thankful for. I love it when they get along, play or read side by side and laugh together.
4. A food you are thankful for. Mexican. I swear I could live off of chips, salsa and guacamole. And the spicier the better!
5. What recent good news are you thankful for? As a former sun worshiper, I had two moles removed recently resulting in 10 stitches and a nasty infection from the bandages, but the negative skin cancer result was totally worth it!
6. Name a drink you are thankful for. I couldn’t just pick one so in no particular order; water, Diet Coke, Chai tea lattes, Tequila and wine.
7. Name a restaurant you are thankful for. Jan’s Health Bar. It’s within walking distance of my house, has the best smoothies and salads and chicken salad worth dying for!
8. Talk about an animal you are thankful for. I guess dogs, although my own gets on my every last nerve!
9. Name a beauty product you are thankful for. I discovered two this year that I love; Lancôme Hypnôse Doll Lashes and Nerium Night Cream.
10. Name a cleaning product you are thankful for. Clorox Disinfecting Wipes. I should owe stock. Seriously.
11. What social media platform are you thankful for? Facebook, but Instagram is a strong second. Both are such amazing ways to stay connected and showcase your photography and true works of art, your children.
12. Tell us why you are thankful for the last person who texted you. Nichole, for so many reasons. She’s kind and generous and the love she has for her children and all the small moments that make life so joyful is an inspiration.
13. Name a candy you are thankful for. I’m not a big candy person, but right now I am loving Trader Joe’s Ts & Js Sour Gummies.
14. Name an app on your phone that you are thankful for. Voxer!
15. What are you looking forward to that you are thankful for? Christmastime. It truly is the most magical time of the year!
What are you thankful for?
This post was written for Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop, Prompt 2. Answer the So Very Thankful tag questions.