Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
It’s that time of year again, when we should express our gratitude for people and things a little more so than the rest of the year.
Topping my list of course are; the 35 years I had with my parents, Todd, Lucas, Lola, my sister, my friends, Dave Matthews, books, reliable WiFi, my health, having a job I love and these 15 or so simple joys:
1. Name a color you are thankful for. Blue. All shades, from Robin’s Egg, Slate and Turquoise to Navy, Midnight and Cornflower. I love blue.
2. Something your spouse does that you are thankful for. Without fail he gets up each morning with our children.
3. Something your kids do that you are thankful for. I love it when they get along, play or read side by side and laugh together.
4. A food you are thankful for. Mexican. I swear I could live off of chips, salsa and guacamole. And the spicier the better!
5. What recent good news are you thankful for? As a former sun worshiper, I had two moles removed recently resulting in 10 stitches and a nasty infection from the bandages, but the negative skin cancer result was totally worth it!
6. Name a drink you are thankful for. I couldn’t just pick one so in no particular order; water, Diet Coke, Chai tea lattes, Tequila and wine.
7. Name a restaurant you are thankful for. Jan’s Health Bar. It’s within walking distance of my house, has the best smoothies and salads and chicken salad worth dying for!
8. Talk about an animal you are thankful for. I guess dogs, although my own gets on my every last nerve!
9. Name a beauty product you are thankful for. I discovered two this year that I love; Lancôme Hypnôse Doll Lashes and Nerium Night Cream.
10. Name a cleaning product you are thankful for. Clorox Disinfecting Wipes. I should owe stock. Seriously.
11. What social media platform are you thankful for? Facebook, but Instagram is a strong second. Both are such amazing ways to stay connected and showcase your photography and true works of art, your children.
12. Tell us why you are thankful for the last person who texted you. Nichole, for so many reasons. She’s kind and generous and the love she has for her children and all the small moments that make life so joyful is an inspiration.
13. Name a candy you are thankful for. I’m not a big candy person, but right now I am loving Trader Joe’s Ts & Js Sour Gummies.
14. Name an app on your phone that you are thankful for. Voxer!
15. What are you looking forward to that you are thankful for? Christmastime. It truly is the most magical time of the year!
What are you thankful for?
This post was written for Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop, Prompt 2. Answer the So Very Thankful tag questions.
I have had 30 different homes. I've lived with my mom and dad, my sister, dogs, cats, fish, roommates that became friends, boyfriends that became husbands, husbands that became fathers and two adorable children. It doesn't matter how many … [Continue reading]
New York was amazing. New York is amazing! So much energy and life and lights and sights and sounds. I hate to admit I was apprehensive about going. I've never been away from my children for that long (four days!) and never that far! I was … [Continue reading]
It's not our anniversary. It's not his birthday. It's not Valentine's Day. It's not Father's Day. It's not a day of any sort of significance. And those are exactly the days when I love and appreciate him the most. Well, it is Friday … [Continue reading]
Turns out at 43 I know some stuff. Not a lot of stuff but enough. I've shared before: 13 Things I Know For Sure and 13 More Things I Know For Sure. For those of your keeping track, I'm up to 39 things I know for sure, as in without a doubt, … [Continue reading]
My daughter. She's feisty and fun and full of sunshine. This girl smiles all the time. And her smile is infectious. I hope she always has that ability, the world could use more friendly faces. I can't believe she'll be two soon. Why … [Continue reading]
Two things. It's November 15, which means I have reached the half way point of NaBloPoMo!! 15 days in a row of blog posting. 15 days of writing. I haven't done that in a very long time. I'm thrilled and don't want to lose the momentum, but … [Continue reading]
One minute my six-year-old and I are in the movie theater giggling over The Peanuts and sharing a bucket of popcorn and the next I'm hearing of the devastation in a city I hold near and dear to my heart. On a night when thousands of Paris … [Continue reading]
The first thing in the morning, it's chilly, quiet, dark and spotless, but before long it comes to life and it gets crazy! In my house, everything happens in the kitchen. It is the epicenter of the house, the heartbeat of our home. Designed … [Continue reading]