While your dad was on a business trip in Monterey, you and I spent our very first night alone together (Monday, August 10, 2009) and I sent him this list of a few things that I had learned about you so far:
- Lucas is very strong-willed and moody (just like his Mommy). One minute he is happy and smiling and the next screaming his head off because the light is too bright, he wants to be in a different position, or no one is paying attention to him and then as soon as his need is addressed, he is happy again…until the next time.
- He loves to cuddle, snuggle and bury himself in our chests and arm pits. The more awkward the position, the more comfortable he is.
- His face lights up whenever he sees me or hears his Daddy’s voice.
- He loves light, shadows, the ceiling fan in our bedroom, the plants and trees in our garden and gripping onto our shirts, his “napkins” and blankets.
- He HATES his car seat and screams bloody murder for the first 10-20 minutes he is in it. Then he’ll pass out and sleep for the rest of the outing.
- He doesn’t like to have his diaper changed, but doesn’t like being in a dirty diaper so as soon as the changing is done he is all smiles.
- He loves to eat and can barely go 3 1/2 hours in between feedings.
- No matter how tight we swaddle him, he finds a way to get his arms free.
- For such a little someone who doesn’t do much but lay around, somehow he still manages to get grim under his fingernails. Maybe he’ll be a mechanic?
- If he concentrates really hard, he can grab my hand.
- His smiles melt my heart.
I continue to learn something new about you every day, buddy.
The best is yet to be.