I love being in Italy, but I must admit that there is a little part of me that is missing the traditional Thanksgiving feast. I love me some turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and chocolate pie (I have never been a fan of pumpkin pie).
I am also missing the tradition of going around the table and sharing things that I am thankful for this year. I am finding myself a little more thankful this year and here are a few items on my list:
- The 35 years I had with my parents.
- A supportive, loving and all around kick ass husband, who also happens to be an amazing father.
- A happy, healthy and flourishing baby boy.
- Being able to stay at home and raise my son.
- Friends and family near and far, old and new, especially my fellow new mommies. I don’t know where I’d be without them!
- Living in Southern California where there is sunshine 360 days a year.
- This blog, which has proven to be one of the very best things I have ever done for myself.
- My new iPhone. I love being able to check my e-mail and play Scrabble from anywhere.
- Extra long foot massages, pajamas, champagne, TiVo and sleep!
- The ability to travel to far away places, have exciting adventures, meet new people and then return safely home.
I encourage everyone to give thanks and count your blessings every day.