“You’re the yin to my yang, the ping to my pong, the normal to my crazy. Let’s be us together.” – The Big C
When Daddy’s away, there will be:
- phone calls on speaker phone and cute photos and videos sent.
- more time spent in jammies.
- pizza lunch dates, dessert after every meal and sitting at Lucas’ table for snacks.
- fewer time-outs.
- preschool drop-offs that require more than support than the front office coordinator is able to provide.
- requests to sleep in”Mommy and Daddy’s bed”.
- bedtimes that get dragged out past 9:00 and nightmares at 1 o’clock in the morning.
- tempers that flare and patience lost.
- too many glasses of wine consumed.
- more appreciation felt than ever expressed.
Lucas misses his daddy as much as I do. Only one more sleep until he’s home!