1. Gas up.
2. First stop: Starbucks for iced Chai tea latte for me, iced latte with extra shot for my husband and a box of apple juice for Lucas.
3. Drive and hour and a half northeast and check into La Quinta Inn & Suites for one night.
4. Unpack and then head straight to the hotel gift shop. Purchase new swim suits, magazines, water toys, and sunscreen.
5. Head to the pool and enjoy a fun-filled family day complete with lunch, laughter and lots of water play, all while soaking up the hot desert sun.
6. After showers, greet babysitter, who has been booked for four hours.
7. Date night dinner at Las Casuelas, where the best chips, salsa, guacamole and skinny margaritas on the planet are served.
8. On the way home in the morning, stop at toy store for a Cars movie car Lucas has been missing for days, Max Schnell.
9. Return home rested, full and happy.
10. Have photos from the weekend actually printed (who does this anymore?) and the best one(s) enlarged and framed. Photos like this one:
Any money left over (yeah, right… hotel gift shops are highway robbery!!) goes into Lucas’ piggy bank.
How to spend $1000 in 10 steps.
How would you do it?
Linking up with Stasha’s Monday Listicles, a linky right up my alley, because I LOVE lists!