Call it Murphy’s Law, women’s intuition, or just knowing myself and those around me really well, there are certain things that as a 42 and a half year old woman I have come to learn and know to be without a doubt true.
Here are 13 more things I know for sure:
1. As soon as I warn my five-year-old that his elbow is dangerously close to a cup of milk, he will knock it over.
2. Just as I am are ready to leave the house, my toddler will have a gigantic poop! This will not only be frustrating, but make me later to wherever it was I was suppose to be five minutes ago.
3. It’s always better to call than e-mail or text.
4. I will always leave my son’s classroom after volunteering my time with a smile on my face and a renewed sense of wonder and imagination.
5. I have to exercise daily for my sanity and those around me.
6. The day before I have a manicure scheduled I will break three fingernails.
7. If I plan to take my toddler to said manicure during her scheduled nap time, she will not sleep.
8. The game or toy or book or article of clothing or concert or fill in the blank that I am most looking forward to will be back ordered, out of stock or sold out, but if karma is on my side, I’ll find it at Target.
9. Being a mother is the hardest job on earth. Hands down.
10. The minute I think, “Gee, I haven’t been sick in a while,” I will feel a tickle in my throat and be sore from head to toe.
11. What works in your house may not work in mine and vice versa and that’s okay.
12. I know that change is inevitable and I’m much better off adjusting than struggling to keep things the way they are.
13. I know that life is a roller coaster and all I can do some days is hold on and enjoy the ride and or scream my head off!
For my previous 13 Things I Know For Sure, click here. And if you’re keeping track, that 26 now. Go me!
What do you know for sure?