These words make me cringe. They are negative, give me the creeps or just sound awful to my ears and therefore I avoid them at all costs!
1. mistake – This word always makes me think of a thick, juicy steak. Stupid, right? But why use ‘mistake’ when ‘boo-boo’ is so much more fun to say? Try it.
2. corny – You’ll never hear this word come out of my mouth. Ew.
3. moist – I think this is on everyone’s words to avoid list and if it isn’t, it should be. Double ew.
4. cheesy –See above. Although, if I can’t think of anything better, I’m WAY more likely to say ‘cheesy’ than ‘corny’.
5. mine & no – Living with a toddler, I hear both all day every day.
6. folks – ‘People’, ‘parents’, even ‘peeps’ all sound so much more… civilized.
7. cancer –I hate everything about this word and all the heartache it brings.
8. denied –What a dreadful, sad word, especially when read in red and in stamp form. 🙁
9. crappy –I can definitely be heard saying ‘crap’, but ‘crappy’ is not a word I enjoy.
10. pooped –As in being tired. Why not just say, “I’m tired.”?