One of my least favorite places to go with Lucas is a toy store, for obvious reasons (especially when having to buy a gift for another child).
1. Okay, we’ll go in for a minute, but I’m not buying you anything today.
2. I’m not buying you that.
3. No, you don’t need it.
4. You have a lot of these at home already.
5. Maybe Santa* will bring it to you for Christmas.
6. Please put it back.
7. Do not open it, we’re only looking today.
8. Yes, it’s very cool, but I’m not buying it.
9. Crap, where did he go? Crash!
10. How about a catalog, would you like to take home a catalog?
The good news is I’m getting better at deterring, distracting and saying no.
The bad news? Our catalog collection is growing.
*The Santa card works all year long, doesn’t it?
This post was inspired by Stasha’s Monday Listicles, a linky right up my alley, because I LOVE lists!